What is BYOD
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is a term used to describe a digital device ownership model where students and /or staff use their privately owned devices to access the departmental networks and information management systems in an educational setting.
Benefits of BYOD
The benefits of your child having their own device are significant and include;
- Increased cooperation and teamwork
- Increased engagement with the set task
- Improved access to “answers” for questions that students ask which leads to increased problem solving abilities
- Students of either gender are equally engaged
- Improved presentation of work especially for students who struggle with spelling and presentation in good copy format
- Students are able to learn how to interact successfully in the digital world
- Parents have increased access to work that students are producing
- Increased contact with the teacher through emails and OneNote
- An ability for the teacher to differentiate for individual students
- An ability for the teacher to provide real time feedback to students
What should your child bring?
CSHS supports any device, either laptop or mac, that meet the minimum specifications. Whilst android devices are also acceptable, they are not as well supported within an Education Queensland environment. The table below, sets out the minimum specifications for devices that can be brought to school.